Christmas time is coming, with its cinnamon scent, lights, colors and magic in everyone’s eyes!
And Venice at Christmas becomes even more of a daydream to be enjoyed, with endless opportunities for everyone.
In this article you may find a collection of ideas that I feel close to my taste (you know I’m a bit particular about this…I only promote what I would do…)
Musei Civici di Venezia special and extended openings
Palazzo Ducale, Museo Correr and Museo del Vetro will be open at all times.
The list of Musei Civici special openings:
- Monday, Nov. 21: All museums open
- Friday, December 9: extended hours Palazzo Ducale and Museo Correr until 9 p.m.
- Saturday, December 10: extended hours Ducal Palace and Correr Museum until 9 p.m.
- Friday, December 23: extended hours Doge’s Palace and Correr Museum until 9 p.m.
- Sunday, December 25: all museums open, with the exception of the Candiani Cultural Center
- Monday, December 26: all museums open
- Sunday, January 1: all museums open
- Monday, January 2: all museums open
- Friday, January 6: extended hours Ducal Palace and Correr Museum until 9 p.m.
- Friday, January 13: extended hours Museo Fortuny and Ca’ Pesaro until 9 p.m.
- Saturday, January 14: extended hours Museo Fortuny and Ca’ Pesaro until 9 p.m.
List of current temporary exhibitions
Here you may find my selection of current temporary exhibitions (you may translate it with Google translate for a immediate access)
“A Venezia è di scena il Natale”
The Christmas lights will be lit starting Nov. 21, the day of the Festa della Salute.
They will remain lit until Feb. 21, 2022, the last day of Carnival.
Lights will decore Strada Nuova, St. Mark’s Square and the Marciana area, and the different routes in the sestieri of Santa Croce, Cannaregio, San Polo, Dorsoduro, San Marco and Castello.
On Dec. 2, the Christmas tree in St. Mark’s Square will be lit, while on Dec. 3 the Venice ice rink will be inaugurated.
Venice Christmas Market
December 9 to 11, 2022, Campo San Maurizio Antiques Market
Via Garibaldi Markets
From Friday, November 25 to Sunday, November 27, banquets with traditional Venetian foods (cicchetti, meatballs, castradina, pasta and beans….)
Christmas markets at the Lido di Venezia
Christmas Island at the Quattro Fontane Park, p.le Santa Maria Elisabetta, Gran Viale and P.le Lepanto
Mestre Christmas Market
From November 25 to December 28, 2022 at Piazza Ferretto and Via Poerio.
From November 25 until January 6, 2023 in Via Allegri.
Marghera Christmas Market
Every Sunday from November 13 to January 22, in Piazza Mercato
New Year’s Eve in Venice
Confirmed the fireworks show that will light up St. Mark’s Basin at midnight on New Year’s Eve.
Big Vocal Orchestra at the Goldoni Theater on Dec. 10 and 11
A one-of-a-kind concert-show, with songs ranging through many different musical genres: from movie soundtracks to famous songs from musicals, spirituals, contemporary gospel, classical polyphony passing through some international pop-rock masterpieces to classical operas, all with original arrangements accompanied by intense theatrical readings, choreography and video and light effects.
With its more than 200 elements, the Big Vocal Orchestra is in fact the largest vocal ensemble in Italy and Europe, a true artistic phenomenon of the nationally famous city of Venice.From the press release